Getting Started with Visual Studio Online
Not everyone wants or needs the full-blown power of an on-premises TFS installation and if that's you then Visual Studio Online (TFS in the cloud) is a great way to integrate Visual Studio with version control, backlog management, agile planning tools and many of the other great features that are available with TFS. Some things in VSO work in a similar way to TFS so some of the learning resources can do double duty -- my Getting Started with Team Foundation Server and ALM guide is here. There are also dedicated VSO learning resources and this is my recommend list:
- Visual Studio Online Homepage
- What is Visual Studio Online?
- Visual Studio Online Forum on MSDN
- Fundamentals of Visual Studio Online
- Visual Studio Online Channel 9 Series
- Getting Started with Visual Studio Online
- Dev/Test Scenarios in the DevOps World (module two in particular)
- Plan, Create, and Deploy to Azure With Visual Studio Online (requires Pluralsight subscription)
One of the really great things about VSO is that you can get started for free (and it can stay free within very generous limits). Combined with the free Visual Studio Community 2013 it makes for a fantastic learning opportunity for anyone without an MSDN account.
Cheers -- Graham